This guide is designed to help you easily and affordably create high-quality multi-language audio tracks (MLA) for your YouTube channel.
What are MLAs (multi-language audio tracks) on YouTube?
YouTube’s MLA (multi-language audio tracks) feature allows video content creators on YouTube to offer multiple audio language options, making content more accessible to international viewers. This is a useful feature for YouTubers aiming to expand their audience by catering to people who speak different languages.
Getting Started with Verbalate for YouTube MLAs (multi-language audio tracks):
Verbalate is a platform that simplifies the process of creating MLAs. Here’s a step-by-step guide:
1. Sign up at: https://beta.verbalate.ai/register/
2. Create a new project:
- Click ‘CREATE PROJECT’
- Give your project a name
- Upload your video or audio file. You can upload directly, use a YouTube URL, or choose a file.
- Choose the original language, or let the system auto-detect it.
- Select the language you want to translate to.
- Indicate how many people are speaking in the video for the best voice cloning quality.
- Skip lip sync – it’s not needed for YouTube MLA (multi-language audio tracks) since we’re only using audio files.
3. Once processed, download your MLA (multi-language audio tracks) from the “Audios” section in your project folder.
Uploading MLA (multi-language audio tracks) to YouTube:
(Note: The Multi-language audio track feature might not be available to all creators yet as YouTube is still rolling it out.)
- Sign in to YouTube Studio on your computer.
- From the left menu, select Subtitles.
- Click the video that you’d like to edit.
- Click ADD LANGUAGE and select your language.
- Under “Audio,” click ADD.
- Click SELECT FILE.
- Choose which file to upload. Files must be in a supported audio-only file format (MP3 audio in MP3/WAV container PCM audio in WAV container AAC audio in MOV container FLAC audio Minimum audio bitrate for lossy formats: 64 kbps Minimum audible duration: 33 seconds (excluding silence and background noise) Maximum duration: None) roughly the same length as your video.
- Click PUBLISH when you’re ready to upload your audio track.
What are the benefits of using MLA (multi language audio tracks) on YouTube?
Using multi-language audio tracks on YouTube provides several benefits for both content creators and viewers:
For Content Creators:
- Broader Audience Reach: Multi-language audio tracks make content accessible to a global audience, helping creators reach viewers who speak different languages.
- Increased Engagement: Viewers are more likely to engage with content in their native language, which can lead to higher watch times, likes, comments, and shares.
- Enhanced User Experience: Providing content in multiple languages improves the user experience, making it more inclusive and accessible.
- Potential for Higher Revenue: A broader audience and increased engagement can potentially lead to higher ad revenue and more opportunities for monetization.
- Competitive Advantage: Offering content in multiple languages can set a creator apart from others who only provide content in one language.
- Community Building: Creators can build and foster a diverse community of viewers from different linguistic and cultural backgrounds.
- Positive Reputation: Demonstrating a commitment to accessibility and inclusivity can enhance a creator’s reputation and brand image.
- Improved Accessibility: Viewers who speak different languages can access content in their preferred language, making it more inclusive.
- Enhanced Understanding: Content in a viewer’s native language is easier to understand, ensuring that the message is conveyed accurately.
- Cultural Relevance: Multi-language audio can include cultural nuances and references that are more relevant to specific linguistic groups.
- Personalized Experience: Viewers have the ability to choose the language they are most comfortable with, leading to a better viewing experience.
- Learning Opportunities: For those learning a new language, having access to content in multiple languages can be an invaluable resource.
- Connection to Content: Viewers may feel a stronger connection to content that is presented in their native language.
- Inclusivity: Multi-language audio tracks promote inclusivity, making content accessible to people from different linguistic backgrounds.
Multi-language audio tracks enhance the accessibility, inclusivity, and reach of YouTube content, benefiting both content creators and their diverse audiences. The quickest, easiest, cheapest and most accurate way to create MLA (multi-language audio tracks) is by using Verbalate.